Re: your mail

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Brian Candler wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 09:34:49AM +0000, Greg Kintz wrote:
> > In order to interface uucp with something like Exchange server, would it be
> > possible to have a separate Unix box that runs uucp on the network? When
> > mail is received, uucp hands off the mail to Exim which sends the mail via
> > smtp to the Exchange server.
>
> Certainly. I set up a system like this in Belize once - added a Linux box to
> their network just to poll mail, forward it to their mail server, and accept
> outbound mail from their mail server.
>
> B.

there is also a nice little peice of software that sits on  on a Win-NT
exchnage box and does the same thing, popping mail from an ISP pop
maildrop for the entire domain and then passing it over to the Exchange
for delivery to individual user mailboxes. It's pretty neat becasue it can
also be configured to collect mail from multiple pop accounts on different
servers. The name is POPBeamer - a google search will find it.....;-)

Longwe

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org