Re: Removal of IP

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Brian Candler wrote:

> I have to say that I have tried complaining to Nigerian ISPs in the past
> about "419" scam mails, and never had any response. I don't bother any more.

Its a hopeless situation and we recognise it. Most Nigerian ISPs are
helpless. The spammers mutate, and are Normadic.  They only use the local
ISPs for their last-mile connection.  We Scan outgoing SMTP mails with
Spamassasin and kill those $38.4m rich ones, the problem is with HTTP
POSTs. Not helping the matter is the fact that there are very many Free
webmail sites in the world.

If there is a method of scanning the contents of POSTs (including SSL
POSTs) from say a web proxy server, we could build spam sentry boxes.
Anyone got pointers? I am willing to do a doc for the ISP community in
Nigeria, on how to widely deploy such boxes.

Sunday.

Sunday A. Folayan
General Data Engineering Services Ltd [SKANNET]
18b, Oshin Rd, Kongi Bodija Ibadan, Nigeria
 Email:	sfolayan at skannet.com.ng
 Voice:	+234-2-8105156 Fax: +234-2-8105156x221
-------

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world;
We unreasonable ones persist in trying to adapt
the world to ourselves. therefore all progress
depends on us, the unreasonable people."
                         -- George Bernard Shaw

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org