[afnog] sound off bt878*

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Jun 16 14:22:54 EAT 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 10:22:46AM +0000, Patrick J Okui wrote:
> Hi all, if I have a bt878* card (err tv/FM capture card) are
> there any options I can pass to the kernel so I can get the sound
> off /dev/dspX (or similar) rather than loop a cable from the line
> out of the TV card to the line in of my sound card? (err on a
> Linux or Free/NetBSD box)?
>
> Alternatively, any other FM capture cards I can look out for in
> which the driver has done this for me?

I don't know if it can be done the way you want (perhaps you'd have to run a
background process to copy the audio across).

However another suggestion is that many sound cards have additional audio
inputs (e.g. for CD, Line2, Line3) so you could perhaps wire an internal
cable across, which wouldn't be so messy.

B.