[afnog] mail problem

Mikisa Richard rmikisa at bushnet.net
Wed May 24 16:48:30 EAT 2006

Brian Candler wrote:

>On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:57:55PM +0300, Mikisa Richard wrote:
>

>>Well, afters lots of noise and pressure from different places, looks
>>like we finally have a break through with Fastweb,
>>
>>rmikisa at mayhem:~> telnet mail.avsi.org 25
>>Trying 81.208.64.123...
>>Connected to mail.avsi.org.
>>Escape character is '^]'.
>>220 **********************
>>

>Perhaps the DSL user in Turin who was using your particular 41.x.x.x address
>has just turned his PC off :-)

Highly unlikely given that I received an email from Fastweb asking me to
check whether I now could connect and informing me that work to remedy
future problems was going on. Hopefully that's true :)

The site below lists most of the 'hijacked' address space by FastWeb for
those that night one day get a similar problem.
http://plany.fasthosting.it/dbmap.asp?sort=IDasc&pagesize=all&strKeyWords=&mode=&table=Mappatura

--

Richard