Re: DNS

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 ksemat at eahd.or.ug wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I am called Noah and I work with Charles Musisi at the East African Help
> Desk.
> I have a problem on which I would like your help.
> I have a domain eahd.or.ug for which it is its own primary it has stub
> zones wawa and alpha however alpha uses the same IP as that of eahd.or.ug
> itself.
> Now the problem is that the DNS tends to time out when I do nslookup

how does your resolv.conf looks like? is dns server working correctly?

> It times out on reverse lookups yet I have an entry in the reverse files
> pointing to eahd.or.ug. However I am not the SOA for the reverse zone
> just load them from the master server.
> Thank you all for your help in advance.

you're not owning a whole Class Address (classful ways) and so will be
difficult (i believe) to have you delegated the in-addr.arpa for
216.129.132.x ip range ur allocated right now.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put

This list is mantained by owner-afnog at afnog.org