Re: E1Definition

THank you for your explaination...it looking beter in my  mind. But feew
more thing.

>Normally when a telco presents you (the end-user) with an E1 for voice
>telephony, timeslot 16 is reserved for signalling. That gives you a 64,000
>bps signalling channel, and 30 channels for voice (timeslots 1-15 and 17-31)
>In Europe, the telco would use DASS2 or DPNSS as the signalling protocol to
>you (messages such as "incoming call on channel 4", "call terminated" etc).
>C.7 is only used for signalling when one telco interconnects to another
>telco. Furthermore, when you use C.7, normally you run it over separate
>cables: you have two whole separate E1's, one to carry the signalling, and
>one as a backup.
>
>I don't know if it is possible to carry C.7 within timeslot 16, or whether
>that is even desirable.

According the informations i got from the telco the timeslot 16 will be use
for signaling.

>- If it's to receive voice or modem calls, your telco should present you
>with DPNSS, DASS2 or some similar signalling, on timeslot 16. Your modem kit
>will expect this.

This is our case, but on the technical informaion (fromTeleco), the lines
they are using C.7!!!!!!!!
And infortunately i don't have a million Switch! ;o). I will maybe ask them
to provide us a line with DPNSS or DASS2

Thank aigain.

--Adiel
--------
Adiel AKPLOGAN  - Directeur des Nouvelles Technologies
C at FENet - CAFE Informatique & télécommunications - TG
mailto:akp-adiel at cafe.tg  - http://www.cafe.tg - ICQ# 43233952
Tél. +228 255 555  | Mobile: +228 040904 | Fax: +228 256 666

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put

This list is mantained by owner-afnog at afnog.org