Re: BSD

Hi

During the installation there's an option to label the disk with the
various partitions, like /, /usr and a swap filesystem.

Did you choose express or custom? I don't know where it asks for it
during express, but if you go to custom, there's "fdisk" and "label"

Use fdisk to partition, and then "label" to create the "labels"
(partitions).

There's an option for Auto if you're not sure how much you want.

Regards

--Rob

On
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 ksemat at wawa.eahd.or.ug wrote:

> Heloo everyone,
> Its me again with another one. I had to go back to SuSE onthe other one
> but I had heard so much about how BSD is stable from the people who
> attended afnog that I have decided to install it on another machine
> however I am still getting problems this time I go on and partition and
> even select a distribution set then after selecting install from cdrom
> it says
> unable to swap to /dev/ad0s1b invalid argument this may cause the
> installation to fail at some point if you don't have a lot of memory. so I
> click OK it is the only option at this point
> then I get
> Unable to make new root filesystem on /dev/rad0s1a command returned status
> 1 again the only option is OK
> then
> Couldn't make filesystems properly aborting.
> so I check VTY1 for errors I see the following:
> DEBUG: Scanning disk ad0 for root filesystem
> DEBUG: Scanning disk ad0 for swap partitions
> ad0: cannot find label (no disk label
> ad0s1: cannot find label ( no disk label)
>

>  Noah
> ksemat at eahd.or.ug
>

> -----
> This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.4
>
> To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
> To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put
> your request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)
>
> This list is mantained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

--Rob

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put