Re: multi-homed,masquerading

Okay this is getting really informative I didn't know all this.
Now I guess one problem may have been solved correct me if I am wrong.
This is how I begin to see it:
I have a router  that is connected to both my breezecom units
and is also connected to my network and I use the router to establish
whether a certain route is up or not via any means like BGP or just
even ping thus if one is not up it uses the other so in that case I set
the  gateways on the client machines to the router which decides which
route to use.
	Now on to the second part: the incoming requests how to make sure
the incoming requests also have this same kind of option i.e if one route
is down they use the other without even noticing. Let us say I am willing
to get an AS number and a router or two. Could someone explain how to
do that to me? Also I would value recommendations on the type of router to
purchase where to get one putting in mind both efficiency and ease of
configuration  as I am quite new at this.
	Brian, Is it possible for me to do multihop BGP to someone who is
not on the same backbone? i.e if for example all routes to my AS number go
to say psg.com's router which talks BGP to my two ISPs to determine which of
them is up and then sends my packets via the one  that is up at the moment.
Would this work?
 On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Brian Candler wrote:

> Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:53:50 +0100
> From: Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com>
> To: Lawrence Mashungwa <lawm at 4site.bw>
> Cc: ksemat at wawa.eahd.or.ug, afnog at afnog.org
> Subject: Re: multi-homed,masquerading
>
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 12:28:14PM +0200, Lawrence Mashungwa wrote:
> > A simpler but maybe expensive solution would be to get a router with 3
> > ethers free, hook two to the breezecoms (SA-10/40) and the
> > third to your internal switch..
> > Then maybe run ibgp btwn the the wireless connections.....
>
> IBGP runs between two routers within the same AS. So if you have only one
> router, you can't run IBGP.

 Noah
ksemat at eahd.or.ug

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org