Re: FreeBSD

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 07:22:12PM +0300, Sematimba Noah wrote:
> > - Overclocking  \ check all the jumpers
> > - CPU voltage   / on the motherboard
> Sorry to sound like a really knowledge free person. But what is
> overclocking and what jumpers should I check?

"Overclocking" is running your CPU faster than the manufacturer's spec. e.g.
you've bought a 350MHz processor but you're running it at 450MHz. It may
work sometimes, but is likely to get very hot and crash when it overheats.

The speed is normally set using little jumper links or DIP switches on the
motherboard. See your motherboard manual for details.

The same applies to the CPU voltage, although I think modern motherboards
auto-sense the correct voltage to apply.

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put

This list is mantained by owner-afnog at afnog.org