Re: FreeBSD

At 04:27 PM 8/14/00 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>Due to your excellent advice I have now come up with a good solution as to
>my multi-homed problem and once I get the ncessary hardware I will be
>rolling.
>Now my problem is that I recently installed FreeBSD on one of my machines
>but every few minutes it rebootsitself with an error
>page fault while inkernel mode
>Supervisor Read : page not present
>and a lot of virtual addresses like 0x80 etc I couldn't catch the output.
>It then says reboot in 15 seconds press any key to interrupt if I press a
>key, It then says press any key to reboot.
>The motherboard is an SiS5513 it has two REALTEK 8139 cards and I was
>doing NAT for my network as was suggested on this list.
>I thought it was a problem with RAM so I increased the RAm to 128M but the
>problem persisted. So I suspected my hard disk and changed to a brand new
>one but I still get the same errors. Does someone know what could be
>causing these errors?
>
>  Noah
>ksemat at eahd.or.ug

Hello Noah:

If you haven't already tried it, then I would pull the network cards.
Remove references to these cards and see if you can boot successfully and
stay up. Port 0x80 used to be a common I/O port for network devices.

Good luck!

- Hervey

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put