Re: Windows 98 Networking

>using dial_up, I will log-on
>to the internet quite Ok but I can't browse ,we were using this
>system for dial-up before,it could not be the problem of modem

Check your Dial-up settings...Most likely its you DNS setting..
Can you browse by IP eg http://147.28.0.160 (www.afnog.org)..

Also when connected, Click on Run on startup menu and type winipcfg
and click on the <More Info> Button, check to see if you are using
the right DNS server...
 If the problem is like above, set you Dial-up dns settings manually
incase your ISP does not assign one at logon!!Or just change ISPs

Law

Lawrence Mashungwa            |^^^|
Technical Director(4Site) ====($ $)====
Tel:  +267 581714              ($)	Cell: +267 72141414
email: lawm at 4site.bw			Url:   www.4site.bw

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
To send a requet to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put

This list is mantained by owner-afnog at afnog.org