Re: Cisco Switch(catalyst 2900)

Hi Mohammed,

Sounds as though the switch has a fault. Do you still have the console
cable for the switch? If so, connect it up to a PC and see what the boot
message says, if anything. It will tell you how far it has got through the
Power On Self Test (POST). If any POST messages say "failure", then there
will be a problem. You should check the Installation Guide with the switch
- it will help you "decode" the meanings of the LEDs when the switch is
going through its POST.

HTH,

philip