Re: Encapsulation X25 over IP

>> I have a /26 class C from  my upstream provider (the telco) and I know it
>> is the same case for many ISPs in Africa. This /26 class C is not enough
>> for our activities. I need more. The Telco can not provide me the IP
>> addresses their  IP addresses are from MCI (now cable & wireless) . How
>> can I proceed to have more IP addresses as I am a private ISP connected to
>> the Telco noc? I know guinea is covered by the RIPE NCC.
> Ask your Telco (your up stream) they CAN and HAVE TO provide you!

yes they should.  but sadly, they do not HAVE to.  it is a matter of the
contract and business relationship between you and your isp.  i am very
aware that this bit of techno-colonialism <tm> is not uncommon in africa.

i suggest
  o doing good documentation of your need
  o doing everything reasonable to explain this to your isp
  o keep records of all the interactions with the isp
  o when that does not work, go to your isp's upstream, and explain the
    situation and show the documentation that you have tried hard to get
    it legitimately from your isp
  o and so forth.  note that the real isps, the ones your colonialist slime
    buy from, do not play these games

note that is this does not work, your only real alternative is to get a non-
colonialist isp.  if they won't give you real space, they probably will not
route any space you might get from ripe.  colonialists are like that, as i
am sure you know only too well.

but your best bet is your isp, and then their isp.

best of luck to all.

randy

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org