Re: Access servers

antonio,

> I had a backup server but I have just removed it since it made no
> difference.

Not true. Backup is used when primary is down or not responding( overload
etc...). It can also be used to load share your authentication traffic.

> However, I am not using database but if you know how I
> could implement that, I would like to learn it. I had heard about the
> database in dbm but I don't know how to go about doing it. I tried to
> follow some pointers about it in the internet but never managed to
> have it working.

*Convert users file to dbm( if using radius users files for
users profiles). Builddbm available is unix distribution of radius do
that.
NB: You can't use anymore duplicate users profile (normal user account
or DEFAULT profiles)

* or if you are using /etc/passwd, move to a system which support a
database /etc/passwd. FreeBsd has this feature. i have heard about patch
to implement it on Redhat, but never tried.

* use radius distribution with support SQL authentication and build a
SQL database of your users.

hope this helps

--alain

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org