AFNOG 2000 and 2001

I was checking on the attendees of AFNOG 2000 in Cape Town South Africa. I was saddened to note that there was not even a single participant from Zimbabwe, yet other countries had more than 5 attendees. I do not know if there is a principle of equal distribution here. Yes if there are no applicants from any country there is nothing that can be done, but if there were applicants and they were turned down to an extend that not a single participant fron that country, in this case my country Zimbabwe, I feel sidelined. I, for one applied and one of my colleagues did but where all turned down.

I would want to see what the distribution of attendees this year will be. The idea is to spread the use of internet to all parts of Africa, and it should be our initiative to get to these countries that are not participating to get them to catch up with the others. Lets not leave others behind in this Internet generation. The idea should to find out why no applications are not coming from other countries with view to equal participation and representation.

Sarathiel Chaipa
Zimbabwe.