Re: ccTLD for Democtratic Republic of Congo

>actually, i am enraged and embarrassed to say, that any change to a cctld
>is a decision of the department of commerce of the government of the united
>states.  this is an outrage.

Sure Randy it is an outrage and we maybe need more input from thechnician
side to the ongoing ICANN  process discussion to avoide
that...politico-poltician-Internet.

Didier, I sugest you to read ICP-1 and RFC 1591 documents. If you do
not  get any  concensus with the actuall Manager regarding the TLD
managment and if it is clear that the local internet "community" is not
satisfy...you infortunateley have to go to the very long and slow
redeleguation process. I know gambia is in it since fews year !!!!!!!

Some refference:

http://www.iana.org/cctld/icp1.htm.
http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc1591.txt
www.wwtld.org
http://www.wwtld.org/ongoing/

--Adiel

>randy
>
>-----
>This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.4
>To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
>To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put
>your request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)
>
>This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

--------
Adiel AKPLOGAN  - Directeur des Nouvelles Technologies
C at FENet - CAFE Informatique & télécommunications - TG
mailto:akp-adiel at cafe.tg  - http://www.cafenet.tg - ICQ# 43233952
Tél. +228 255 555  | Mobile: +228 076666 | Fax: +228 256 666

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org