Re: Automated Response!!

On Wed, 30 May 101, Wycliffe Ochieng wrote:

> I am doing this for a client who is going out of the country shortly!!
> I have followed the instractions on the vacation manual .
>I included this linbe in .forward
>file: \cliff, "|/usr/home/cliff/vacation.msg -a allman"
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
		  this should be the location of the vaccation
programme... not where the vaccation message has been put. What you want
to write is:

\cliff, "|/usr/bin/vacation -a allman"

Since you have made a ".vacation.msg" file in cliff's home dir (which I
hope is owned by cliff) then you do not have to specify it but if you want
to then change the stuff in quotes to

"|/usr/bin/vacation -a allman -m /usr/home/cliff/.vacation.msg"

Also, you can tail your syslog file to get any of the error messages.

Hope this helps,
Patrick.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org