Re: Exim problems

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Eric VIGAN wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have just finished the configuration of my exim box, but when I try to
> send mail I get the following error :
> --------------------------------------
> '550 relaying to <evigan at yahoo.com> prohibited by administrator', Port : 25,
> Sécurisé (SSL) : Non, Erreur de serveur : 550, Numéro d'erreur : 0x800CCC79
> --------------------------------------
>
> Please, Some one can help me.

Relaying is denied by default even for the localhost...
Edit your exim's configure and look for the line

# host_accept_relay = localhost

and uncomment it.
Add other machines to this list by using a colon delimiter eg

host_accept_relay = localhost : 1.2.3.4 : some.name.here : /full/file
That can be the full pathname of a file that is readable by the user exim
runs under and has the different hosts, one on each line. (the preceeding
directories must all be readable by the user exim runs under.)

HTH
Patrick.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org