Re: your mail

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 06:53:35PM +0300, Sematimba Noah K wrote:
> The reason for this is as follows:
> I have a nameserver web.eahd.or.ug which serves only one zone:
> ug. and it does not do recursive lookups.
> Now here is the interesting part:

If I query this machine remotely for ug I get no response. Do you have it
firewalled off? It lets me ping it though.

For an accurate answer to your question I think you would need a proper BIND
expert. Perhaps it has to do its own recursive queries to find the
appropriate information to put into the "additional" section - this doesn't
mean that it will perform recursive queries on behalf of clients though.

B.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org