Re: bandwith measurement

Hello all,

I installed pathchar and you need to type ./pathchar <ipaddress> or the
<hostname> you want to measure the bandwidth to.

I tested it and from a 100Mb to a 100Mb port on the same Layer 4 switch I
got a 23Mb/s bottleneck. Is it because the algorithm is for measuring links
between routers? It's been fairly accurate on the Internet bandwith however.

My customers have been asking for proof of the bandwidth that we are
providing them. We provide wireless leased line with internet access. I was
told MRTG could produce such graphs. I installed MRTG and from what I have
read now, it seems to me it can do SNMP monitoring for routers but can it
produce bandwidth utilisation graphs based on IP addresses?

Thanks,
Zeimm.