Re: bandwith measurement

>> again, use patchar
> It happens to come with a strong warning that it is ALPHA and not yet
> ready for use in the README. It also comes with no instructions whatsoever
> about command line arguments to use with it. Simply typing pathchar
> elicits a number of question marks from the program. Any suggestions on
> how it is used?

well, the msri talk gives some clues.   some good computer science in it.

i will append two notes i have.

as to its alpha status, it turns out to be a very hard problem.  and if you
don't like it, i will see you get a full refund :-)

it is not good at measuring big pipes behind small ones, e.g. it does poorly
on the oc48 in

  pathachar ---T1--- router ---OC48--- router

i think caida has some copycat tools that are probably better documented.

randy

---