Re: Exim and ETRN

> > I have a problem with the configuration of ETRN using the example C037.
> >
> > It works fine except for the script that is not run correctly by the remote
> > mailhost running etrn.
> >
> > The problem is that the "$EXIM -bS -oMr etrn_requeue" is not run certainly
> > because of trusted user... or ??
>
>I don't really understand in detail how that script is supposed to work.
>However, a user that uses -oMr does need to be trusted. However, if this
>is run by ETRN, then it should be run by the exim user, and that is
>always trusted. But I don't see what is going on here, because the
>setting etrn_requeue doesn't seem to be used. Perhaps he set it just for
>logging purposes.
>
>You may be able to get more information by running a test using -bh and
>-d9 to get debugging info. That should show you what Exim is trying to
>do.

Philip,

Thank you for your message.

I tried with the -d9 option, and can check the debug, but since it was
launched as root by myself it works as the script works, but when it is
launched by ETRN command, I can not check the debug... so difficult to get
more information.

It seems that it is a problem of users... but as you said, normally it
should not, so where should I look for?

Thank you for any assistance,

Eric

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org