From: Greg Kintz
To: afnog at afnog.org ; Agbenya Adotey
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 12:02 AM
Subject: Fwd: re: Recovery of root password

To recover root follow the following steps:

1. Boot into single user mode.
2. Do fsck
3. mount -a
4. /stand/sysinstall
5. go to "do post configuration"
6. "  "  change root passwd
7. reboot

and that's it

Greg Kintz and Lorenzo Mitchell
---
LINGO Net
Monrovia, Liberia

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:31:53 -0700
From: Agbenya Adotey <gagbey at ghana.com>
To: afnog at afnog.org
Subject: Recovery of  root password

Hi All,
Please i need help.
we installed a freebsd box version 4.2 some way back in May.
We haven't used it since then.
Moreover we installed a lot of packages on it.
I'm afraid we don't want to go over the whole process of
re-installation.
we have forgotten the root password.
I tried using the CDROM to recover it but to no avail.
I don't what i'm doing wrong.
Any help please?

Regards,
Agbenya Adotey.