Re: Xwindows Setup

Hi

> Hi all,
> Once again i have a request to make:
> Could some one show me how to systematically install and configure Xserver version 4.1.0? right from scratch?
> I tried doing it and had the following errors:
> Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log",
> (EE) Unable to locate/open config file
that is saying that log file aint there. if you 'ls -al
/var/log/XFree86.0.log" is it there? if not try 'touch
/var/log/XFree86.0.log"

> (EE) Error from xf86HandConfigFile()
might be from the agove, not sure

> Fatal Server error:
> no screens found

have you edited the XF86Config? you haven't said what platform this is on.
for X version 4, you should do:

XFree86 -configure

it'll probe things and generate an XF86Config.new file (and tell you where
it's putting it). Try testing it with 'XFree86 -xf86config
/path/to/XF86Config.new'

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org