NIMDA Horror

This thing has hit quite badly here in Kenya.

Over the past three-four days many organisations' I.T. operations have been brought to a standstill in order to deal with the infection.

One of our Kenyan mobile operators has shut down all operational TCP/IP connections (Internet + internal) for over two days in order to contain and eliminate the virus.

I believe that many $$$ have been lost in time, data loss/corruption etc...

On this note, does any country in Africa have a CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team) that looks at IP/Internet security issues at a national level?

Thx,

Brian

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org