Re: NIMDA Horror

Well, once the list is in place we can work on getting sysadmins onto it. Here I refer not only to ISP techs but also to corporate IT Managers and sys admins who would otherwise not be on lists like AFNOG.

This will help us have a centralised way of getting out alerts.

Admittedly gleaning the "useful" stuff from the large, busy lists in North America is a lot of work. I don't think that we're there yet. At some point we may need to have people on those lists who would forward the relevant posts but I don't know of anyone on this side who has the time for that.

Actually, you could probably coordinate with Geert-Jan to get the list under the afnog.org domain.

Once the list is up we could announce it on other, Afro-centric mailing lists and let people jump on.

Something else that I think would be useful is if the various African websites (AFNOG, AFRINIC, EAIA, etc.... carried links to "Other African Networking Resources") This would help casual browsers "stumble" across what could prove to be very useful information....a kind of 'cross-selling' of the various resources that exist out there.

Brian

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org