Re: Fw: "The allocation of the Internet address space..."

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Jim Fleming wrote:

> [...]

Yes.  Very old one, predates the current presentation criteria enforced by
the RFC-editor, but yes.  However, it has a particular sequence number
(25), which your 'RFC' does not (RFCs do not use an encoded date as a
sequence number).

The RFC-Editor (http://www.rfc-editor.org/) outlines the current
guidelines for publishing RFCs.  The RFC-Editor function is designed as a
filter, to ensure that certain standards of presentation are met, before a
given submission is passed, as an 'Internet Draft' to the IETF as a whole.

Should a given Internet Draft have technical merit, it then may be
considered as an RFC.

Nothing is stopping you from putting any of your technical suggestions
through such a procedure.  The RFC-Editor does not censor Internet Drafts,
beyond rejecting submissions that do not meet presentation guidelines.

Please read, and understand:
	Instructions to RFC Authors, RFC2223, linked from
	http://www.rfc-editor.org/howtopub.html

In my experience, you have not attempted to follow the above open and well
documented procedure, nor have you ever posted a URL documenting your
attempts at following the procedure.

> Jim Fleming
> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12458.html

I have taken the liberty of requesting that the web archives of the IETF
mailing list be modified to include a link to the appropriate guidelines
for the list at the top of each archived message.  This should hopefully
avoid the problem where you attempt to give the impression that the IETF
approves of the ideas expressed in any given mail by quoting the URL to
your own messages previously archived automatically by the IETF website.

Kind regards,

                ( Formerly Senior Systems )                             NCC
                (   Administrator - APNIC )   I speak for myself, !employer

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org