Cisco access list - multihomed question

Hi,

The scenario.

- Two upstream circuits on the same border router
- I want to use one to carry (outgoing) traffic for certain customer networks only
- I want to use the other as the standard default for all other customer traffic

   Upst #1 s0/0     [---------]
--------------------[         ]< Upst #1 should route traffic for x.y.z.0/25
                    [         ]
   Upst #2 s1/0:16  [---------]< Upst #2 should route traffic for all others

- Both upstream connections go to the same provider
- There is no BGP with upstream provider, only static defaults (until now)

Instinctively I want to define route-maps to block traffic for #2 from #1 and block traffic for #1 from #2 with a "next-hop" statement to redirect in each route-map.

Is this the right logic? Anyone with similar experience who can give tips?

Thanks,

Brian Longwe

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org