RE: Cisco access list - multihomed question

Hello Brian,

Rephrasing - you want packets with a source address x.y.z.0/25 to bypass the
forward table (FIB) and be forwarded in a direction of you choice.

So what you are looking for is a "FIB bypass" feature. On the Cisco (where
is was first created) it is called Policy Based Routing (PBR).

There is a lab on PBR in the ISP Workshop materials
(http://www.cisco.com/public/cons/workshops/) and found via key word
searching on Cisco's web site. Note that in the middle of 12.0 we made PBR a
CEF feature - allowing it to handle more PPS and not be process switched. So
check the documentation for any specific details.

Also note that this will only take care of traffic being forwarded upstream
to the provider. It will not handle downstream traffic. For downstream
flows, tweaking BGP advertisements would be you best option.

Barry

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org