Re: Radius and portmaster

Hi ,

I use Makefile.lnx and then i compile as you oindicate me.

But I don't have any log file in my /var/log directory.

What could be the prob?

  Jounewe Koumessi Aline Flore <fkoumessi at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Brian,

I just check the Makefile according to linux package
and i notice that it's for linux 2.0.x , lib5 and
lib6.
But i hve linux 2.2.14.

i try ftp.livingston.com but the site is not
accessible.

Regards
--- Brian Candler wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 03:03:03AM -0800, Jounewe
> Koumessi Aline Flore wrote:
> > Fri Nov 23 16:17:54 2001: Error: Master:accounting
> > process died - exit
>
> That is not good. Looks like either you're running
> old code, or it's wrongly
> compiled.
>
> Did you install from a pre-built package (e.g. RPM?)
> If so, then try
> downloading the latest source and compile directly
> from source.
>
> http://www.radius.cistron.nl/
>
> It's very easy: uninstall your RPM packages,
> download ! the source tar file,
> and type
> # tar -xvzf radiusd-cistron-1.6.4.tar.gz
> # cd radiusd-cistron-1.6.4
> # cd src
> # ls Makefile*
> (pick the Makefile for your OS)
> # cp Makefile. Makefile
> # make
> # make install
>
> The 'make install' needs to be done as root, the
> rest can be done as a
> normal user.
>
> If that's what you did already - then you have found
> a software bug running
> Cistron under your OS. If you get a core dump, it
> should be possible to use
> 'gdb' to isolate the actual statement which caused
> the crash, which in turn
> can be posted to the author or a mailing list for
> further advice. But
> Cistron is so widely used, I think it's unlikely.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.

=====
/*************