Re: Radius and portmaster

Hi,

I check the daemon radius by doing "ps auxwww | grep
radius" then i notice that it is running.

root 1218 0.0 2.4 1932 744 ? S 14:26 0:00
/usr/local/sbin/radiusd
root 1219 0.0 2.4 1932 744 ? S 14:26 0:00
/usr/local/sbin/radiusd

secondary i check the log "tail /var/log/radius.log"
before any test and i have this:

Info: Starting - reading Configuration files
Info: Ready to process requests

then thirdly i try sending packets with radtest and
checking with "tcpdump -n -s1500 udp port 1812" i got
this:

184111
lo>radius-server-IP.1026>radius-server-IP.radius : udp
91
184111
lo<radius-server-IP.1026>radius-server-IP.radius : udp
91

then /var/log/radius.log gives:
Error: request from unknow client: radius-server-Name
Error: Authenticate: from client
radius-server-Name-Security Breach: login name

With this error message i try to look mailing list to
find if i can found dome explaining. So i have to make
sure that what i have in my naslist is the valid IP of
the client which is here the portmaster and that it's
the same entry in clients.

So right now i didn't found what can be the problem
here?

I would like to send some request from the portmaster
to the radius server but don't know how to do it.

Need your help.

I have a portmaster with 30 port and i install radius
cistron on my linux redhat 6.2 server to manage
portmaster authentification.
--- Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 07:55:07AM -0800, Jounewe
> Koumessi Aline Flore wrote:
> >    I use Makefile.lnx and then i compile as you
> oindicate me.
> >
> >    But I don't have any log file in my /var/log
> directory.
> >
> >    What could be the prob?
>
> I think you should try to diagnose the problem
> yourself, before you can
> expect any help!
>
> (1) Did radiusd write any messages to the screen
> when you tried to start it
> up? Did it write any entries in /var/log/messages?
>
> (2) Is there a radiusd process running?
>
> ps auxwww | grep radius
>
> (3) If so, have you tried sending it some radius
> packets (e.g. with radtest
> or from a nas?) What happened? Have you tried using
>    'tcpdump -n -s1500 udp port 1812'
> to look at RADIUS packets going in and out of your
> machine?
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.

=====