AfriNIC - SUCCESS!

I have just returned from what I can only describe as a momentous meeting of the AfriNIC Board of Trustees.

I commend the entire Board for the professionalism, efficiency and tact that was openly demonstrated by each member in deliberating, discussing and resolving many of the "thorny" issues that faced them.

I have left Cairo with a warm feeling in my heart - but most of all with utmost confidence in the Board that is serving the AfriNIC community.

I would like to extend my sincere and heartelt thanks to the Afrinic Board of Trustees for allowing me the opportunity to sit as on observer at the landmark Operational Board Meeting held in Cairo, Egypt on the 17th of January 2002.

Many thanks also to the Govt. of Egypt, The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Dr. Tarek Kamel, Christine Arida  and Manel Ismail for their excellent coordination and hospitality.

I remain, yours faithfully,

Brian Longwe
Nairobi, Kenya