Re: ip theft!!

You can't prevent a user from assigning an IP to his local station. The operating system has no way to find out that now you are going to use a valid and/or a not-valid address. You can however prevent that user from accessing the network. Typically u can do this first by placing a DHCP in the network that will assign IPs based on the MAC addresses and place a gateway based on IPlogin for instance to only open a route for those users who had been authenticated.  You should force all your users to authenticate before they can get access to Internet at large.

rgds, a./

Antonio Godinho wrote:
1E24E5ECE at nambu.uem.mz">
I use Breezecom wireless equipment and the client radio can be
configured to let through only some IP´s and can also limit
bandwidth in steps of 32K. I don´t know if other equipment lets you
do that.

Cheers,

my knowledge on wireless sez that, if you have for-isp wireless gear u
should be able to restrict (or call it block) certain range of ip,
that wil be allowed in/out of the device, which will do pretty much
what you want. if by accident you have choosed a product which does
have that feature then you have what they call corporate wireless lan
devices.. not sure much can be done on switches mine (hp pro-curve)
does not

Bill