RE: OSPF Area

If you wait until you have 50 to 100 routers in your network before you
design hierarchy into your network, then be ready for pain. Lots of pain.

With four routers and just starting with OSPF, putting everything in Area0
will work fine. But draft a scaling plan. If you start adding more routers
in the customer dial-up side, you want to design some modularity and
hierarchy into that section of the network. At that time, consider putting
the lease line module into a separate OSPF area. You do this "routing
protocol scaling path" for each part of your network. That way when you get
to 50 routers in the network you have modularity, hierarchy, and multiple
area aggregating your infrastructure addresses.

Lots of materials and examples are available at
http://www.cisco.com/public/cons/

Barry

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org