Re: From R.D.Congo

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 07:11:21PM +0200, Martin MBAYI wrote:
> If you do remember I promised you that as soon as I
> return to my country I will install the FreesBSD in my
> machine ; this what I did but please help me to
> configure my network card and other files for
> connecting to internet through a LAN.

Hello, glad to hear you are going ahead with a FreeBSD installation.

Did you read the FreeBSD handbook you were given? If so, where did you get
stuck?

Things you should look at:
* edit /etc/rc.conf for network interfaces, e.g.

    ifconfig_fxp0="inet 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
    defaultrouter="192.168.0.254"

(you can look in /etc/defaults/rc.conf for examples of all the settings)

* you can run /stand/sysinstall for a menu-driven frontend which will add
settings to /etc/rc.conf for you

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org