Re: IPCAHE-INIT Problems with Squid.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 04:31:44PM +0100, henry chiti wrote:

>    I have installed the FreeBSD software and has created all the DNS and
>    the machine is resolving without any problems, both forward and
>    backward (loop back). But my main problem is to solve the runtime
>    errors in Squid, it is telling me that "ipcache_init:DNS name lookup
>    test failed" I have edited my squid.conf extensively but cannot find
>    where the problem is.  Anybody to help me with problem?  I have also
>    noticed that the squid-cache.org do not say anything on that kind of a
>    problem or anything close to that.

I don't think you looked very hard. In the FAQ, question 11.21:
"FATAL: ipcache_init: DNS name lookup tests failed"
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.21

Please, when sending me mail, do not include me as a "Bcc" recipient. Either
use "To" or "Cc". If you put people in "Bcc" then we don't know who else may
be reading the mail and/or composing a reply.

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org