Re: Looking for routers

Gurus can make Linux and FreeBSD do lot of things.
However, most of administrators do not want that.
MikroTik RouterOS comes as one package - OS and software together,
has terminal, telnet and GUI, is easy to configure and maintain for anyone.

With 4-port cards, you are limited only by the number of PCI slots.
Four slots/cards give you router with 16 interfaces!

One of the most popular application is bandwidth shaping.
You can do it on per-customer basis, per protocol, port, etc.

Arnis

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org