Re: your mail

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 03:10:42PM +0100, B. S. Afolabi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to install RedHat 7.3 on an AMD 900 duron and it keeps
> giving me this error message. Installing it on pentium III 866 had no
> problems. Can anyone help with this as I have a lot of them to treat ASAP.
> EXT2-fs = unable to read SuperBlock
> cramfs : wrong magic
> FAT : unable to read boot sector

That's very unlikely to be anything to do with the processor.

Is this message after you have completed an installation? It is saying that
it is unable to talk to the hard drive ('boot sector' is the first block on
your hard drive). Or is it refusing to boot from floppy or CD-ROM so you
can't even get the installation started at all?

Anyway, looks like you have some sort of hardware problem, perhaps wrong
master/slave jumpers, a bad IDE cable, plugged into the wrong IDE socket on
the motherboard, cable plugged in the wrong way round etc. Check whether the
BIOS detects the hard drive at power-up.

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org