Re: Vacation

-------Original Message-------

>From: fingers
>Date: Monday, August 05, 2002 11:37:24 AM
>To: Stephane Bortzmeyer
>Cc: afnog at afnog.org
>Subject: Re: Vacation

>Hi

>> Right but it has nothing to do with vacation programs by
>> themselves. If is the fault of badly (badly because the problem is
>> known for a very long time) broken programs. You do not criticize the
>> Web because IIS is broken.

>definately. I was in no way slating the app itself, just the (mis?)use of
>it

more to that,
people are usually irritated by vaccation programs (me inclusive) when they
recieve it off a mailing list but are tolerant if they recive the message
when they
write a private message to the person and get their "vaccation" response.

so, IMHO, if someone could setup a filter that does a *strict* filtering of
the 'To:'
(and maybe 'Cc:' -but not Bcc: or...) header fields and only replies with
the vaccation
message if this was a direct message, we could keep both people like me
happy
and the client who feels (s)he *needs* this feature...probably a .procmail
one - if your
MTA uses procmail...

Patrick.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org