Re: Vacation

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 01:16:10PM +0200, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> > I guess several persons have already use VACATION on the mailing list.
> > Trying to set it up for a mail box receiving mail for whole a domain
> > (viruel domaine with sendamail/procmail) I
>
> > \username, "|/usr/bin/vacation username"
> > And all the time it received a mail for the domaine and the user is
> > not username it send an error message.
>
> The vacation program is probably not what you want to be using for this,
> as it is limited to knowing about specific usernames.

The '-a' (alias) option to vacation may help you. For example: if you are
directing mail for <any> at example.com to ex12345, then you can use

\ex12345, "|/usr/bin/vacation -a example.com ex12345"

This should respond to mails where the To: line matches 'example.com', which
includes
To: anything at example.com

If vacation is generating an error message into /var/log/maillog, please
post the exact error to the list.

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org