Re: exim router configuration

thanks Brian for your tips they were indeed useful.

I currently have:

accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts
       sender_domains = +source_domains

This restriction is working very well and a lot of spam has actually been
dropped.

Is there a way to also add particular users to be able to send through the
mail server. i.e. I may not want every user on a particular domain to be
able to send through my mail server but only particular users. In this
case I have a user whose e-mail is hosted with another ISP however he gets
his link and relays his mail through me. So i would not like to enable
every user on that ISP's domain to relay through my server even though
they come from my network but only this particular user/users.

As for the routers I settled for this.

smtp_paths
          driver = manualroute
          transport = remote_smtp
          domains = lsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/transport
          route_data = x.x.x.x

How would I be able to chaneg this to having the route data also read from
the transport file as well for example have the file looking like:

domain.net:	w.x.y.z

where domain.net is the domain being routed and w.x.y.z is the particular
ip address the mail is being delivered to.

cheers,

Noah.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org