"...IPv4 Link-Local addressing an "industry standard"...."

From: "Stuart Cheshire" <cheshire at apple.com>
"...IPv4 Link-Local addressing an "industry  standard"...."
"(because Apple and Microsoft have been shipping it in large volumes for over four years)"
==============================

Are you saying that large companies can bypass ICANN (aka IANA) and take large blocks of
IPv4 Address space ?....and justify that on the basis that they ship products for years in volume ?

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/APIPA.html
"The IP address range is 169.254.0.1 through 169.254.255.254."
====

Do TLDs also work that way ?....can large companies just take them ?...and bypass ICANN (IANA) ?

How about special e-mail addresses ?....Does Cheshire.C at t work ?
Should we release the C at t ?
http://www.ddj.com/articles/1993/9310/
http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0208/25.jaguar.php

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
3:75 APPLE