Re: Cisco 3600 Boot Problem

Hi Philip,

the unfortunate thing is that this is the only 3600 router i have, and
how do i get an image to upload into it as  i do not have on the terminal
station OR is it downloadable somewhere. it's obvious that the flash is
blank of any image file .... the solution i suppose now is how to get to
upload an image back into it.

-fiao

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:49:58 +1000
 Philip Smith wrote:

> The onboard flash is blank, or contains something which the bootloader
> can't use as an image. If you have another 3600 router, put the flash
> simm
> in there and load a new image.
>
> If this is the one and only 3600 router you have, unfortunately
> you'll have
> to upload an image using xmodem through the console cable... (Or if you
> have a PCMCIA flash card which can be used in the 3600s, put an image on
> there and boot from that (and then copy that image onto the onboard
> flash).)
>
> philip
> --
>
> At 21:11 13/09/2002 +0100, Fisayo Adeleke wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I just got this cisco 3600 series router and i have a problem with
> booting
> >it up. When i switch it on and monitor through the console
> connection, it
> >gives the ffg messages.
> >
> >System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
> SOFTWARE (fc1)
> >C3600 processor with 32768 Kbytes of main memory
> >Main memory is configured to 32 bit mode with parity enabled
> >
> >loadprog: bad file magic number:      0x0
> >boot: cannot load "flash:"
> >
> >System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
> SOFTWARE (fc1)
> >C3600 processor with 32768 Kbytes of main memory
> >Main memory is configured to 32 bit mode with parity enabled
> >
> >PCMCIA Slot0: No Card Present
> >
> >System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
> SOFTWARE (fc1)
> >C3600 processor with 32768 Kbytes of main memory
> >Main memory is configured to 32 bit mode with parity enabled
> >
> >PCMCIA Slot1: No Card Present
> >
> >System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
> SOFTWARE (fc1)
> >C3600 processor with 32768 Kbytes of main memory
> >Main memory is configured to 32 bit mode with parity enabled
> >
> >loadprog: bad file magic number:      0x0
> >boot: cannot load "flash:"
> >
> >System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
> SOFTWARE (fc1)
> >C3600 processor with 32768 Kbytes of main memory
> >Main memory is configured to 32 bit mode with parity enabled
> >
> >rommon 1 >
> >
> >I'll appreciate help from anybody
> >
> >regards
> >
> >-fisayo
> >
> >-----
> >This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.5
> >
> >To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
> >To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put
> >your request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)
> >
> >This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use MollyMail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org