Re: Eth0: card reports no resources

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, DOSSOU Franck wrote:

> I restart it and it still working, but what happen?

Are you using an EtherExpress Pro 100 adapter?  If so, there was a known
bug that would sometimes manifest itself even with no network cable
attached, more notedly during initialization.  The bug was with the driver
for the Intel i82559 "Speedo3"  chip (i.e eepro100.c in
/usr/src/linux/drivers/net) [i.e the chip as used on the EtherExpress Pro
100 adapter].  The message it would give would be just as you've quoted
i.e

> Eth0: card reports no resources
> Eth0: can't fill rx buffer (force1)!

This problem was first reported around July 2000.  The maintainer for this
driver (Andrey V. Savochkin - saw at saw.sw.com.sg) said he would work on it
then.

I'm not exactly a professional at network card drivers so I can only
suggest you probably try downloading and installing a more recent version
of the driver.

Any other ideas?

Gerald.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org