Sendmail config problems (mail to remote hosts bouncing)

Hello, I am having a problem sending mail to a host
machine host.someplace.com. where someplace.com is not my domain:

eg Mailto: user at host.someplace.com

Somehow my MTA (sendmail) cannot seem to resolve the host
machine and it returns an error:

Name service error for host.someplace.com

and yet mail for user at someplace.com has no problem being sent.

My question is: Is this a problem with my Sendmail configuration or is
it a problem with the way the domain someplace,com deals with host
addresses.

I would have expected that my MTA would forward the mail to someplace.com
which would then send it to host.someplace.com. This way my machine does
not need to know about all the hosts at every domain. (I would have
thought).

Which machine needs a change in configuration? Mine or the domain
someplace.com.

Thanx

L.K

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org