Re: 3C509B

Hello Joseph,
I think try the following

1. As root type on the prompt: linuxconf
2. If this is your first time to use command linuxconf, just highlight quit and press enter to quit the
greeting message. Then you will be in the other graphical window and jist follow this:
press config ---> Networking ---> Client Tasks ---> Host name and IP Devices.
3. you will be taken into another window where you will see your IP numbers and Machine name +
	domain. Go where there is Net Device and the entry there should be eth0. ANd on Kernel
Module the entry should be either 3c509 or 3c59x or you can just bring the cursor there and
just press Control Key + key X together for you to choose the module of you list. The best is
to choose the 3com series kernel module. or any module that is close the the module 	indicated
on your card.

I hope this will help.

By the way why don't you install Red 7.2 or 7.3, I also hear there is a new release of Redhat 8.0

Regards

David
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Alfred Omondi Orimbo wrote:
>

> > Hallo all,
> > I have just installed Redhat 6.2 and it is failing to see my ethernet card. the card is
> > 3com 3C509B. I have tried probing it but not seen still. Anybody aware of compatibility
> > issue of redhat 6.2 with this card??
> >
> > alfred.
>
> Unless you really must run redhat 6.2, i think you should be looking at
> something more recent which i guess (i do not use redhat) should be having
> recent software and bug fixes for earlier software already incorporated in
> it.  I think it also has a tool called kudzu which can help you in
> detecting hardware.  You could also try the lspci command to list all PCI
> devices if it is a pci device and see whether it can be seen by the
> system.
>
> Joseph
>

> -----
> This is the afnog mailing list, managed by Majordomo 1.94.5
>
> To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org
> To send a request to majordomo, e-mail majordomo at afnog.org and put
> your request in the body of the message (i.e use "help" for help)
>
> This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org

David Chima
Technical Support
Malawi SDNP