Re: 3C509B

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 09:41:17AM -0000, M. K. Agbessitse wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am having a problem with my mail server. This server has Sun OS on which
> is run exim 4.10, courrier imap and webmail. The problem is that clients
> complain about they not being able to receive their mails even though their
> quota is not exhausted and the /home directory is not full. This is the
> message I found in my mailbox:
> ------ mensahk at ghana.com ------
> /home/mensahk/Maildir/tmp/1040709379.24189.hostname: No space left on device

Are you using exim's built-in maildir transport, or an external program like
deliverquota, to actually deliver the mail?

What does 'df -k' show?

Have you configured quotas? If so, how? (per-user or per-group quotas
enforced through the O/S, or exim's quota mechanism, or deliverquota's
maildir+ mechanism?)

> And in /var/spool/exim/log/paniclog
>  #tail paniclog
> 2002-11-29 15:38:50 queue run: process 25854 crashed with signal 11 while
> delivering 18HmT1-0002XV-00

That's not good, but it's probably unrelated.

I note the following from doc/ChangeLog in exim-4.12:

84. If Exim's retry configuration was changed so as to bounce a certain
    delivery failure immediately, for example to bounce quota errors:

      *  quota

    and there were messages on the queue that had previously been deferred
    because of this error, Exim crashed when trying to deliver them in a queue
    run. Now it will make one more delivery attempt and bounce on failure.

So an upgrade to exim-4.12 may fix the problem.

Cheers,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org