forwarded msg. from: "Badru Ntege" <ntegeb at one2net.co.ug>

From: "Badru Ntege" <ntegeb at one2net.co.ug>
To: "Robert Longla" <rtlongla at yahoo.co.uk>, <afnog at afnog.org>
Subject: RE: GSM dialup internet delivery with Ericsson fixed wirelees terminal
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:22:40 -0800
Robert
Do you mean you have clients with GSM fixed terminals you want to give
dial-up access to your server.
If this is the case you need to have afew things in place.
1- does your GSM network provider enable data access on the network
2- what acess server do you have in place ?
3- are you aware that you will only get 9600 data througput.
For basic email delivery GSM dial-up will do however browsing is a trick at
the speeds and also the cost per minute for GSM calls.