Re: Majordomo & Virtual Domains

Stephane,

Little problems, little solutions. Ensure that the LHS is rewritten from
LHS at FQDN to the form LHS.FQDN at FQDN. Most Email clients do that easily. You
suddenly have unique list names. You can set the outgoing names anyway, to
whatever you want.

Cheers

Sunday.

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:58:25 +0100
> From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr>
> To: Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at skannet.com.ng>
> Cc: Fisayo Adeleke <fisayo at steineng.com>, afnog at afnog.org
> Subject: Re: Majordomo & Virtual Domains
>
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 06:29:43PM +0100,
>  Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at skannet.com.ng> wrote
>  a message of 68 lines which said:
>
> > Mailman rules! http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman.html
> >  - Meets the exact need of yours below:
> >      Each list with own domain. Including all admin aliases
>
> Unless it changed recently, you cannot do real virtual domain hosting
> with Mailman. For instance you cannot have discuss at example.com and
> discuss at example.net, you have to choose distinct names for the
> left-hand side of the address.
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2002-July/020856.html
>
> I use SmartList to have "real" virtual domain hosting for mailing
> lists.

Sunday A. Folayan
General Data Engineering Services Ltd [SKANNET]
18b, Oshin Rd, Kongi Bodija Ibadan, Nigeria
 Email:	sfolayan at skannet.com.ng
 Voice:	+234-2-8105156 Fax: +234-2-8105156x221
-------

We accomplish in proportion to what we attempt

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org