Re: 'who' command

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 12:00:06PM +0200, fingers wrote:
> what do others think of the 'who' command being disabled? i'm getting alot
> of spam which seems to have possibly been due to my email address being
> sourced from this list.

You assume that spammers are clever enough to drive majordomo, which in turn
means that they possess some clue. I think this is highly unlikely.

If afnog postings are archived on web pages though, then they will get them
from there. Not much you can do about that; you could set up a separate
E-mail address for mailing lists, and then filter incoming mail based on
Return-Path to exclude any unexpected senders.

But your current E-mail address is already lost, burned into hundreds of
spammer CD-ROMs... personally I gave up worrying about this a long time ago.
They're scum, but I'm not going to waste time on technological warfare
against them.

If you want to invest some time, there's an interesting approach here:
http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html

and another here:
http://tmda.net/

Any loss of mail is your own responsibility...

Regards,

Brian.

To send a message to this list, e-mail afnog at afnog.org

This list is maintained by owner-afnog at afnog.org